cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox scam

Dropbox scam

Zayan1952
Explorer | Level 3

I feel that Dropbox is nothing but a scam, they claim you have free storage space than lock you out unless you pay

8 Replies 8

Mark
Super User II

They dont lock you out. You can use it without restrictions as long as you stay under limit. Once over limit they simply stop syncing, but, you can still log on and view what is already there. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Zayan1952
Explorer | Level 3
Not true. I am way less than the limit, every path I tried is page that want me to upgrade. Even my daughter sent me share link I can’t view it. 😡😡😡

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Zayan1952 - sorry to hear about this.

Could you send us a screenshot of the page you get stuck on so that we can have a visual too? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

Zayan1952
Explorer | Level 3
I constantly getting upgrade notifications even though I have less than twenty percent of the minimum storage, and I can't access my account anymore. No, a Dropbox error prevents me from sending screenshots.

Mark
Super User II

Why cant you access the account? We need more info here?

And have you checked www.dropbox.com/backups ?

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Zayan1952
Explorer | Level 3
The snapshot are bouncing back, do you have real email?

Zayan1952
Explorer | Level 3
I can’t

Mark
Super User II

www.dropbox.com/support is how to contact Support

Or, click on the 'photo' icon on the forum pages. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    Zayan1952 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?