cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I accidentally linked two separate Business teams

I accidentally linked two separate Business teams

tobesharon
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi all, I'm afraid I mistakenly linked two business teams or accounts when accepting a shared folder. I can't seem to find any information on unlinking the two teams. These are two separate businesses and must be unlinked. Thank you in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@tobesharon wrote:

... is this the only way to remedy the issue? ... Dropbox support cannot do anything?

No, they can't. Only the team admin is able to perform these steps.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @tobesharon - sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Could you please let us know where exactly you're spotting the connection of the accounts and clarify what plan you're on both of the accounts? 

Any additional information or screenshots are more than welcome! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

tobesharon
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Walter thanks for the reply. Can you please email [removed per the Dropbox Community Guidelines] so I can share screenshots with you? The other account is not mine so I don't want to post their information. Appreciate the support!

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @tobesharon, sorry to jump in here.

Before we send you an email, would you mind checking whether you've accepted an invitation to join a Dropbox Business team with the account you were previously logged in to?

Which plan do you see that you're currently on, if you go to your account settings here?

And is it possible to send us a screenshot of the invitation you accepted?

You can edit out any sensitive/personal info from the screenshot, before uploading it, of course.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

tobesharon
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Hannah it says Dropbox Advanced and that I'm now a member of the other business's account. Unfortunately I no longer see the invitation to screenshot it.

tobesharon
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Actually I found it—
Dropbox.jpg

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@tobesharon wrote:

it says Dropbox Advanced and that I'm now a member of the other business's account.

You received and accepted an invitation to join someone's Business team account. In doing so, you've merged your account into theirs, taking up one of their licenses and effectively making them the owner of your account. If you were on a paid subscription you would have received a pro-rated refund for the time remaining on your account.

In order to leave the team you need to contact the team admin and ask them to convert your account back to an individual account. It's very important that they don't simply remove you from the team as doing so would delete your account. If that were to happen they only have seven days to restore the account. They must convert it.

Once your account has been converted back to an individual account you'll be on the Basic (i.e. free) plan. You can then resubscribe if you were on a paid subscription previously.

tobesharon
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks Rich, is this the only way to remedy the issue? I'm concerned they may not be responsive and time is of the essence. Dropbox support cannot do anything?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@tobesharon wrote:

... is this the only way to remedy the issue? ... Dropbox support cannot do anything?

No, they can't. Only the team admin is able to perform these steps.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    tobesharon Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?