cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel a Dropbox trial? No plan page?

How to cancel a Dropbox trial? No plan page?

abcd10
Explorer | Level 4

This is the info on canceling a free trial.  But when I go to settings there is no plan tab (number 3 on list).  I cannot do numbers 4 through 8. 

If you signed up for a free trial on a computer, you can cancel the trial on dropbox.com. To do so:
1: Click your avatar (profile picture or initials) in the top-right corner.
2: Click Settings.
3: Click the Plan tab.
4: Click Manage plan.
5: Click Cancel trial.
6: Click I still want to downgrade.
7: Select a reason for canceling.
8: Click I still want to downgrade.
You’ll receive an email confirmation that your free trial has been canceled. If you signed up with a credit card, your plan will be changed to Dropbox Basic at the end of your trial period. If you signed up with PayPal, your trial will end and your plan will be changed to Dropbox Basic immediately.

--------------------

It does have this at the bottom of the page:

Delete account
Delete my Dropbox
If you delete your account, your data will be gone forever.

Is this the same thing as canceling the plan.
6 Replies 6

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @abcd10, welcome to our Community! 

Can you maybe try to visit your plan page directly through this link? If so, what subscription do you see there?

Did you upgrade to a trial via the Dropbox site or the mobile app? Is there a chance that you have two Dropbox accounts? 

Let me know more! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

abcd10
Explorer | Level 4

Sorry for the delay, Megan, but I have slow internet connection, which makes things difficult.  I am not being rude.  I tried to get help from support@dropbox.com  , but that was not use either.

I got this far:

click the account symbol for settings

then it goes to "general" tab in settings

there is a form at the bottom of the page that says "delete account", but when I go to delete the acount it asks for a password, what password?  They did not give me one, I was never told to make one.  Please reply.  I was told on a chat with Daniel  "It appears that this account that you are about to delete is a fee-free subscription that stays fee-free indefinitely. It is the 2GB Basic plan."

I want to delete it no matter what.  Please help me.

abcd10
Explorer | Level 4
Sorry for the delay, Megan, but I have slow internet connection, which makes things difficult.  I am not being rude.  I tried to get help from support , but that was not use either. I got this far: click the account symbol for settings then it goes to "general" tab in settings there is a form at the bottom of the page that says "delete account", but when I go to delete the acount it asks for a password, what password?  They did not give me one, I was never told to make one.  Please reply.  I was told on a chat with Daniel  "It appears that this account that you are about to delete is a fee-free subscription that stays fee-free indefinitely. It is the 2GB Basic plan." I want to delete it no matter what.  Please help me.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @abcd10, in order to delete your account, you'd need to input the account's password.

It's the same password you use, when signing into the account. If you don't remember it, then I'd suggest that you reset your password, using these steps.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

abcd10
Explorer | Level 4

Thank you for your reply.  My connection is slow again so I will work on it over the weekend.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Sure thing, @abcd10!

Take as much time as you need, and let us know of the outcome!

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    abcd10 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?