cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I lost everything after sing in by mistake again my usual account

I lost everything after sing in by mistake again my usual account

Andreia Pinoia
Explorer | Level 4

When opening a shared link, dropbox asked me to Sing in and without realizing it I went ahead with my existing credentials and when dropbox went ahead my account was completely new, without any files, as if it had never existed. Now I lost my files and shares. How can Dropbox let me create a new account with the same email and everything like this?

I want to recover my account and shared files and i dont know what to do. I cant open the share links in my email.. it gives me a error..

13 Replies 13

Rich
Super User II

@Andreia Pinoia wrote:

When opening a shared link, dropbox asked me to Sing in and without realizing it I went ahead with my existing credentials ...

How did you enter your credentials; did you enter an email address and password, or did you choose to sign in with Google, etc.?

Also, was this a shared link (which doesn't require you to sign in, usually), or were you invited to join someone's team account?

I cant open the share links in my email.. it gives me a error..

These are links sent to you from someone else? What's the error message? Provide screenshots if you're able to, being sure to mask any private information.

Andreia Pinoia
Explorer | Level 4

Hi rich!

i enter my email and password, and dropbox ask me for first and last mail, i didnt think it will create another account.
i'v could download without login in but i want it to be set for that message to appear again.. but i ddnt notice it was sing in and not log in..
the usual links, that i already had in my email, maybe it work to have everything again, i've tried to enter again but this error came out.Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 13.46.11.png

Andreia Pinoia
Explorer | Level 4

sorry for my english, im kind of nervous about it, but the dropbox asked me, after email and pass, for first and last name*

i thank you for you time!

Rich
Super User II

@Andreia Pinoia wrote:

... dropbox asked me, after email and pass, for first and last name

It sounds like there wasn't an account with the email address that you entered. Are you sure you don't have another account with a different email? When was the last time you signed in to your account? Was the link you received just a shared link, or were you invited to join someone's team account?

Andreia Pinoia
Explorer | Level 4

i just have this account, all my first emails are with this email, and the shared work all saved by that email.. it doesnt make sense

Andreia Pinoia
Explorer | Level 4

i work everyday with the dropbox, for prodution work.. this link was just a share link, photos.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Andreia Pinoia, is the shared link coming from your old Dropbox account, or from someone else? 

Would you mind checking any email addresses, to check if you have any Dropbox-related emails there, that'll help us identify if there's a second account? 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Andreia Pinoia
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Megan, it was from my old/first email! i didnt understand, you need my email to check? what can i do to help you help me? 

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Andreia Pinoia, Megan was suggesting that you check any other email accounts you might have for Dropbox related emails.

You can just search the word "Dropbox" to see if you get any results that would imply that you have another Dropbox account, under a different email address.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Andreia Pinoia Explorer | Level 4
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?