cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox app running slow on Samsung S21 Android 13

Dropbox app running slow on Samsung S21 Android 13

Sadsyndrome
Explorer | Level 3
hello. I am a long time user of basic DB. has been brilliant, easy to use and very quick. Last couple of days it is running like a dog. e.g Click on a folder takes 25secs to display, if at all, or click on Home tab get square with blue lines like "hanging", or click on xlsx file and doesn't open. I do use KeePass db on dropbox and recently upgraded that. However I reinstalled both DB And KP but problem still persists. To be honest it almost looks like a network problem but the phone works fine on everything else including the obligatory speed test. Any one have any ideas?
13 Replies 13

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Sadsyndrome, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Have you tried to clear the app's cache, to see if that helps?

Keep me posted.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Sadsyndrome
Explorer | Level 3
thanks for responding. I have removed cache and data and reinstalled. Seemed OK but then I clicked on a folder and took 25 seconds to show listing. Also clicking on Home menu also didn't show content. I deleted data and the Keepass2 app, rebooted and issue still persisted? Very strange.

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the update here, @Sadsyndrome!

Hmm, does your phone's storage have at least 500 MB of free space, so that the app can work correctly?

Also, do you have the same issue on a different WiFi or when connected through mobile data?

Hannah
dropbox.com/support

Sadsyndrome
Explorer | Level 3

Thanks again for such fast reply.

I have updated phone same issue. Rebooted router same issue.

I  already tried mobile data and I THINK that the issue goes away? As I mentioned in my first post it does appear to be network related, but no issue with DB  on iPad though, and on my phone no issues with anything other than DB?

I currently have wireshark running on a raspberry Pi to see if I can see anything.

This is really weird, especially as nothing else appears to be suffering?  any other reports of DB android network wifi issues?

Sadsyndrome
Explorer | Level 3

Oh sorry 19.5GB free storage and 2.8GB free memory:)

Sadsyndrome
Explorer | Level 3

Just thought I’d update this. I encountered the issue again and went to switch phone to mobile data but WiFi was  already off as I had forgotten to switch it back on since last test! So the issue does occur on mobile after all!

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Sadsyndrome, do you notice this lag when you take specific actions, or with every single action inside your account?

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Sadsyndrome
Explorer | Level 3
it is literally when clicking on a folder sometimes nothing is returned. The list of the folder eventually appears (I counted 25 seconds) other times I go back click on it again and the listing then appears. I've never had this in all the years I've used it. At the moment it hasn't ever completely stopped working just ad-hoc delay/ hanging. The file contents do seem to be retrieved ok once the folder list is eventually displayed. I haven't really tested the file content retrieval much to be honest, I'm just focusing on getting the folder list details back.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Thanks so much for your info @Sadsyndrome!

Would you also mind clarifying the version of the Dropbox app that you're using on your end? 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jay Dropbox Staff
    Sadsyndrome Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?